Holiday Apartment in La Herradura, Costa del Sol/Costa Tropical, Spain
There are 67 apartments (with 3 lifts) in the recently built complex, plus a swimming pool with terrace area (open end April to end September). In the second floor apartment there are:
· Double bedded room with built in wardrobe, ceiling mounted fan, and patio doors
· Twin bedded room with wardrobe and ceiling mounted fan
· Single bedded room with wardrobe.
· Bathroom with bath/shower, wash basin, toilet and bidet
· An additional "Z" bed is available on request
· Shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC
· L-shaped lounge including a 2- and a 3-seater settee, dining area, CD/radio, TV, DVD, and patio doors leading to
· South facing sun terrace with table and chairs, looking down La Herradura’s main street to the sea. It is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
· Luxury fitted kitchen
The complex is located in a cul-de-sac on the edge of the main village area, with a supermarket, bar and restaurant within 100 metres. The 2km long beach is located between 200 and 300 metres away, approximately 10 minutes walk.
A selection of restaurants line parts of the beach and are also to be found in some of the old village back streets. Some have Italian or Chinese cuisines but many specialise in fresh fish and Spanish dishes, such as paella. There are a few offering “English” dishes such as roast meats.
La Herradura lies in one of the most picturesque parts of the cost, and one bay headland is a nature reserve. There are many local amenities, including golf at Motril and Velez Malaga (20-30 minutes drive), more lively nightlife in Almunecar, the caves at Nerja (10 minutes drive), Granada (an hours drive) and the Sierra Nevada national park for skiing in winter or walking in summer.
La Herradura is a resort favoured by Spanish families and is ideal for families of all nationalities. It is an up and coming area that, thankfully, has yet to suffer the benefits of mass tourism.