Holiday stone Village House in Vouni Haven, Limassol Villages, Cyprus
The house is a restored traditional village stone house on 2 storeys. The arch and other parts of the house are said to be over 300 years old.
2 spacious bedrooms – one double room and one twin – are provided, together with bathroom, cloakroom, dining area, and a comfortable sitting room with a large fully fitted kitchen.
The fitted kitchen has many modern appliances, in addition to plentiful cupboard space and crockery etc. Media facilities include television/radio and dvd/video.
Outside the ground floor is a large raised terrace overlooking the hills and valleys down towards Akrotiri Bay. Upstairs, there is a traditional, covered, sit-out balcony stretching the full length of the house, linking the 2 bedrooms.
All the bedrooms and living rooms benefit from beautiful views to the South and the West, and also all have glazed doors with shutters, opening on to either the balcony or the terrace.
The house has its own vine. Bordering the property are pomegranates, lemons and figs.
Furnished to a high standard inside and out, with pine floors, beams and ceilings; very comfortable accommodation is provided for 4 persons(maximum). The main bedroom has a queen-size four-poster bed, with the guest bedroom having 2 large single beds. Each bedroom has handmade, pine, built-in wardrobes. A small bathroom with bath (shower over), wc and basin has its own stunning view of the hills.
There is a separate cloakroom with wc and basin on the ground floor.
The house and the village benefit from spectacular views over the surrounding hills to the sea; but the elevated terrace and rocky terrain mean that this location is unsuitable for young children or people with reduced mobility. The street outside used to be the major (donkey) route into the village before the combustion engine, but to get to the front doors these days requires a good 4-wheel drive – anything else and you are advised to park at the bottom of the hill.
- please note - A CAR IS ESSENTIAL.
Although the accommodation is secluded and private, it is only two hundred metres from the centre of the village, the imposing local church, and major amenities. Local water, air, and produce are clean, clear, natural and nourishing
Vouni is a village with an important local history stretching from antiquity as the centre of the major wine-making region of Cyprus. Today it is a picture-postcard location with spectacular views all the way to the Mediterranean Sea at Akrotiri Bay.
Vouni is the home of the Cyprus Donkey Sanctuary, but there is a staggering population of plants, animals, birds, reptiles, and insects, which include the local goats and bewildering variety of lizards. Throughout the year the changing seasons are mirrored in the local flora, from the beautiful almond blossoms in the spring, to the autumn colours of the vines.
The village is at the heart of the ancient wine region of Cyprus. It shares a beautiful climate with the rest of the island but at 2000ft altitude, the air is clear and local breezes relieve the extreme heat at the height of summer.
Within the village and immediate surroundings there are many historic and natural attractions. Within reach of 30 minutes drive or less are -
· the best un-crowded beaches and seascapes of the southern Mediterranean
· the outdoor delights, fragrances, skiing and dramatic views of Troodos mountains
· many ancient sites - Curium, Apollo, Kolissi, Amathus, etc., & new discoveries
· Aphrodite’s birthplace
· a host of historic churches, settlements, museums and monasteries(eg Kykkos)
· first class theatres (including open-air and historic), concerts and live events
· 2 championship golf courses,
· innumerable leisure centres - cinemas, waterparks,,zoo, marinas, watersports, etc
· full day-to-day supermarket shopping needs, and craft & gift shops.
· the shopping experience, Old Town and fleshpots of Lemesos
· Pafos airport is 40 minutes distant
· The renowned ancient tombs, mosaics and attractions of Pafos are under 1 hour
· Larnaca airport is about 75 minutes drive
· To visit the exotic divided capital city of NICOSIA andt the Turkish-occupied north is within 2 hours journey
Because of the central location of Vouni Haven, all the better features and attractions of Cyprus are within 2 hours drive.